Any pizza is incomplete without a tangy and spicy tomato sauce. It’s like the most important part of a Pizza.
There are so many recipes that claim to be the best pizza sauce recipe. One often gets confused about which one to follow.
A classic tomato pizza sauce has tomatoes, onions, fresh basil, oregano, salt, and garlic in it.
But I make my ultimate homemade pizza sauce in under 10 minutes, with a little twist. I made the sauce:
- with fresh tomatoes
- no onions
- in olive oil
- with black pepper powder
- with a bit of baking soda
- and a good amount of ginger garlic paste!
And guess what? I bet you, this recipe is the best sauce for your next home-made pizza.
I used my garden-fresh tomatoes to make this sauce. But they were so sour. To reduce the acidity in the sauce, I added a bit of baking soda. The baking soda also helps in thickening my pizza sauce.
But, apart from pizza sauce, you can also use this creamy pesto sauce as a topping for your homemade pizza.
Here’s how you make homemade pizza sauce from scratch
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 200 grams fresh tomato puree approximately 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda (Optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Regular tomato ketchup
- In a pan or kadhai, heat olive oil on low flame.
- Add Ginger, garlic paste and mix it till the ginger garlic paste turns abit brown.
- Add in the tomato puree. Switch the flame to medium heat and mix again.
- Add salt, oregano, black pepper powder, salt and add the baking soda.
- When the puree starts bubbling up, add the chilly sauce and regulartomato sauce.
- Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the oil separates from the puree, your pizza sauce is ready.
- Switch off the gas. Cool the sauce completely.
- Store the sauce in a glass jar and store it for 5-7 days in refrigerator.
- Adding baking soda is completely optional
- The colour will change to a deep brown colour. Don’t worry the texture is perfectly fine!
You must try out this quick and easy homemade pizza sauce which is made in under 10 minutes. With a few ingredients, you can whip up a perfect fresh sauce for your pizza. Also, try my homemade no-yeast pizza dough along with pizza sauce to make your next dinner delicious!